Wild Animal Removal FAQ

Is this a free service?

No, we are a commercial business and we do charge for our wild animal removal services.

Are you part of the county government?

No, we are not affiliated with any government agencies, however, we do work closely with Animal Services and the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission from time to time

Are you licensed and insured?

Yes, ACM is licensed and insured for wild animal removal.

Do you repair the animal entry points?

Yes, we specialize in animal proofing homes to keep animals out permanently.

How much will this cost?

Our prices are based on each individual home and animal problem.  Our technicians do a thorough evaluation to find all points of access for animals into your home.  We will recommend securing each of those points as well as eliminating any scent markings left behind.  A custom, itemized estimate will be presented for approval prior to any work starting. And as always, we stand behind our work with a written guarantee.

Do you service my area?

We service: Nassau, Duval, Clay, St. Johns, Putnam, Flagler, Volusia, Lake, Seminole, Marion, Osceola, Brevard, Indian River, St. Lucie, Okeechobee and Martin counties. Click here for Phone Numbers in your area

What happens to the animals you trap?

In most cases, we relocate healthy animals to private property for them to live out a normal life. We ensure new mothers are relocated with their babies. If circumstances prevent this, we take the babies to a licensed wildlife rehabber for proper care until they can fend for themselves.

What is digging in my yard?

There are several animals that will dig in a yard, mostly armadillos and wild hogs or pigs.  If you have severe damage to the yard, it may be hogs or pigs.  If you notice football sized holes near the foundation of your home, under your pool deck or driveway, you may have an armadillo problem.  ACM can successfully trap and remove any nuisance wildlife in your yard.

What could be making noises in my attic?

There are several species that will take up residence in an attic; usually we find rats, squirrels, bats, raccoons and opossums.  We have even found a duck in an attic.

Is it too hot for animals to live in my attic?

No, even when temperatures reach the high 90’s outside, animals will still invade attics for shelter.

How long will this take?

We can usually have a technician on site the same day to perform the evaluation and begin the process. In most cases we can have the animals out and your home sealed within 48 hours.

Can’t I just poison the animals?

No, it is illegal to poison wildlife. Rats are the exception; however we do not advocate the use of poisons.  Rats that have been poisoned usually end up under insulation or inside a wall cavity creating a foul odor and flies.  The odor is bad enough, but there are still entry points for animals and the odor will attract scavengers.  We have cut into many walls and ceilings to remove poisoned rats.

Can I trap the animals myself?

Yes, but transporting the animal to another location is typically prohibited by state law. We do offer a pick-up and removal service for customers that prefer to trap themselves.

Why can’t I just seal up the entry while the animals are outside?

It may seem like a good idea, however the animals still identify your home as their home. If you seal the main entry they may cause more damage getting back in, especially if there are babies inside.

Can you get my cat out of a tree?

No, we do not provide this service. We are a  wild animal removal service only. You need to contact your county Animal Services office. You can find their number in the government section of a phone book.

My neighbor has dogs barking all the time, can you help me?

No, you need to contact your county Animal Services office. You can find their number in the government section of a phone book.

Which animals do you handle?

We remove nuisance wildlife from homes and businesses, we animal proof structures to keep animals out and offer solutions to keep unwanted wildlife away.  We do not deal with dogs or cats, that is handled through your county government Animal Services office.