Are vultures becoming a problem on your cell tower, a problem at your airport, or forming a roost on your home? We are fortunate to have a world leading expert on vultures in our company, Russ Adams. For the ABSOLUTE solution to any of these problems, or ANY vulture problems contact our partner BIRD DETERRENT TECHNOLOGIES at once for total relief from these problems. To reach FL ACM or Bird Deterrent Technologies, call us at 386-235-2175 or visit their vulture removal website www.bdtllc.com.
10 Fun and gross facts about Vultures
- New World vultures lack a larnyx and are nearly silent. They are are limited to grunts, hisses, and bill clacks.
- When threatened, vultures automatically vomit to lighten their body weight so they can escape more easily into flight.
- Because vultures eat carapace, they have incredibly strong stomach acid making their vomit, extremely gross. Vomiting is also used as a vulture defense mechanism to deter predators when under potential attack. YUK!
- Vultures are so evolved at finding dead animals scientists are now studying them to see if law enforcement can use them to locate dead bodies.
- Vultures urinate on their legs and feet to cool off on hot days.
- Vultures have weak feet and legs and cannot carry prey off.
- When you look up and see vultures slowly gliding in circles they are soaring on thermals to save energy. They are sniffing the air in search of food. If no food is smelled, they move onto the next thermal.
- Vultures have eye site about 3 times more powerful than an human.
- Vultures are found in just about every part of the globe except Australia and Antarctica.
- A group of vultures is called a committee, venue or volt. In flight, a flock of vultures is a kettle, and when the birds are feeding together at a carcass, the group is called a wake.